Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Freedom

I saw a bumper sticker on the way home... For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected can never know.

I am the spouse of a retired Army man.  I have a special place in my heart for the military, they sacrifice so much for people who mistreat them, and then defend their right to do so.  I knew a lot of Christians who were in the military who I admire greatly.  I am in awe of their strength of character, their integrity, and their love for their fellow man.  And to me, they understand the "flavor the protected can never know".

I think it's not a mistake that there is an analogy drawn between Christians and soldiers and that we are called to "put on the full armor of God".  We are called to "fight the good fight" and to "arm ourselves with the gospel".  We receive the freedom from sin, the peace that passes understanding and rest for the weary when we ask for it. 

For those who ask God, forgiveness has a flavor that the lost can never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment