Friday, April 18, 2014

It's Friday but Sunday's coming!

It's Good Friday...isn't it wonderful that our lives are cyclical, and that once every 365 days we get to celebrate again the holidays and milestones from years ago?  I think this was not an accident!  Many times in the Bible, God asked to have an altar built so we could revisit the many miracles, milestones, lessons and memories our ancestors experienced and remember what God does in our lives.  I'm thankful that once a year we can be reminded that our savior came to this earthly plain to experience our lives...the joy, the heartache, the pain, the fear...all our emotions, the good and the bad, so that He can understand us on such a personal level!  It amazes me that someone could love us so much that he would be willing to suffer the extreme pain, the humiliation, the undeserved burden of our sins, so that we could have a relationship with Him!!

It's a great week to really focus on what He went through, but I must admit it makes me take a closer look at how far short I fall from His righteousness.  I don't deserve his forgiveness, but thankfully He forgives me anyway.  I don't deserve His love, but thankfully He loves me anyway.  I don't deserve His grace, but thankfully he gives me this precious gift anyway.  I am so far from perfect...but he continually works to create perfection in me.  Sometimes it's a painful process when I realize how much I must disappoint Him.

Years ago I heard a sermon about it's Friday, but Sunday's coming!  How the world seemed dark and depressing to the disciples the Friday that Jesus was crucified...but thankfully we know the end of the story! Times may be hard right now, but we have a hope and a future...our Sunday will come because He has already won the victory! Praise God!!

Because of the Lord ’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22, 23 NIV)
So grateful for His love and Forgiveness!

No comments:

Post a Comment