Monday, April 21, 2014

Stinkin' Thinkin'

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV)

I'm learning the power of negative thoughts...and how important it is to listen to words of truth and not the lies we tell ourselves in our head. I am a child of God, He loves me, not by anything I have done but because I choose to be believe He is who He says He is... The same is true of others who believe.
I hear it from my own thoughts, the negative things that beat me up.  I hear others chanting them to themselves also.  Sometimes I think we are our own worst enemy, just by the thoughts we hold captive in our minds.  I'm involved in a new Bible Study called Crash the Chatterbox, and already I've learned so much.  I almost missed going to church Sunday because of a little voice in my head that had me running in fear.  And the wonderful thing about going yesterday is that I was uplifted in so many ways by my church family.  Not only was the sermon wonderful and meaningful to me in so many ways, the fellowship and hugs and encouraging words yesterday gave me renewed "strength" to walk in His ways.  I can't even begin to express my thanks to those who had such kind things to say.  I never really understood the "going to church" part of our walk.  If the whole meaning of being a Christian was to have a relationship with Jesus, and I do read my Bible and pray faithfully, what was the whole going to church part about anyway?  I love reading my Bible, doing studies, reading books about Christian beliefs, what was the big deal about skipping church?  Yesterday taught me a lesson...we need to build the body up, with words, kindness, and acts of love.  I know there were areas where they needed workers yesterday, but if my church family could only know that the fellowship I experienced yesterday changed me tremendously.

The biggest lesson I've learned is...that if it's important enough for God to mention it in His book, it's important enough to believe and obey it.

No comments:

Post a Comment